Milton Keynes Homelessness Partnership (MKHP) is committed to protecting your privacy and security. This policy applies to information we collect about individuals and organisations and explains how and why we use your personal data on our website and to make sure you remain informed and in control of your information.
Our charitable purposes are to relieve hardship and distress for those who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or who are in insecure or adverse housing conditions and who are in need by reason of their financial circumstances, age or ill health by:
- organising and promoting co-operation amongst the voluntary and statutory sector to provide accommodation and associated support services to relieve and reduce homelessness; and
- raising awareness of the issues faced by people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and conducting and procuring research concerning the same ensuring the useful results of such research are disseminated to the public.
We are a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO). Our charity is registered with the Charity Commission in England, our charity number is 1181232 and our registered office is The Ridgeway Centre, Featherstone Road, Wolverton, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH.
What data we collect
As part of our registration process, we collect personal information from you. The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, and IP address, organisation name, charity registration number and description of your organisation’s activities.
We review our data retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
What your data will be used for
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected. We may use your information to send you communication which you have requested and that maybe of interest to you, such as event updates and invitations, news or general information.
Who your data will be shared with
MKHP staff have access to your information, in order to provide services, issue updates and invitations and respond to enquiries.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our updates of MKHP news and events. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our updates. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our Responsible Person, Sarah Crowhurst.
Occasionally, where we partner with other organisations, we may also share information with them (for example, if you register to attend an event being jointly organised by us and another organisation). We’ll only share information when necessary and we will make sure to notify you first.
We promise your information will not be used on the website or other MKHP publicity without your consent, and will not be disclosed to another organisation without your consent.
Links to other websites
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this.
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
Who to contact
If you are unsure or have any queries please contact:
Milton Keynes Homelessness Partnership, The Ridgeway Centre, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill South, MK12 5TH