- Government Comprehensive Spending Review 2020 - Implications for Housing and Homelessness
- Download and use the new COVID-19 Track and Trace App & Create a QR Code for your venue
- JOB OPPORTUNITY! COVID-19 Response Manager at Winter Night Shelter
- Government announce new homelessness fund - Next Steps Accommodation Programme
- Government announces free psychological first aid training
VOLUNTEER NEEDED - Wellbeing Therapist Appeal
An appeal from the Milton Keynes Homelessness Partnership
Volunteer Wellbeing Therapist urgently required to provide welfare support to frontline volunteers working with homeless people during the pandemic.
Do you have experience and skills related to wellbeing support? Do you have time to support other volunteers working on the ground as part of the homelessness response as a result of Covid-19 to look after their emotional health. If so, we would love to hear from you. The volunteer role will support frontline volunteers across Milton Keynes in their work supporting homeless guests throughout the pandemic.
Volunteers are often operating in challenging and demanding environments which can be physically and emotionally exhausting and all whilst dealing with the anxieties that the current COVID-19 environment presents. This role is being created to provide a safe, comfortable and confidential environment for frontline volunteers in the homelessness sector to voice their concerns, problems and thoughts involving their own experiences and personal difficulties. Importantly however, it’s also offering them practical solutions to navigate those difficulties.
Ideally, you will have an accreditation with a professional body, e.g. The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). We welcome applicants with a Human Givens Diploma.
What will the Wellbeing Therapist role involve?
- Creating an environment where frontline volunteers are reassured and feel comfortable to share their private thoughts and feelings with you.
- Building trust and a positive rapport whilst providing the volunteer with your undivided attention, understanding, empathy and supportive ear.
- Providing the appropriate support, advice and guidance to volunteers’ individual needs.
- Offering a point of access to volunteers in a safe and confidential environment.
- Guiding the volunteer to achieve practical solutions to manage their situation.
When and where will I be needed?
- Immediate start required so we urge you to get in contact without delay.
- Available weekly, but as and when required. Part time, specific hours to be determined dependant on your availability. Commitment until end July 2020, at which point it will be reviewed again.
- The role will be fulfilled remotely via zoom or telephone. You will need a reasonable internet connection, be IT literate, have excellent spoken English and communication skills.
This role will work closely with the Project Manager and offers a full induction. This role will bring huge value to the Partnership and enable us to understand the needs of volunteers across the sector and share findings with our partners.
How do I apply?
To apply, please contact Community Action MK on firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following details:
1. Your name, phone number and email address.
2. Your related experience, training and qualifications.
3. When you are available to start and what availability you have.
This work has been supported by funding from MK Community Foundation
Milton Keynes Homelessness Partnership Charity No: 1181232 www.mkhp.co.uk Follow us on twitter @MKHP_ or like us on Facebook