- Trustee Opportunities at Milton Keynes Homelessness Partnership
- Milton Keynes Homelessness Partnership research highlights the local impact of COVID-19 on the homelessness sector
- Government Releases Latest Statistics on Statutory Homelessness
- MKHP publish report: ‘Shaping the future of volunteering in the homelessness sector’
- Depaul UK urgently looking for volunteers to host young people in Milton Keynes
Trustee Opportunities at Milton Keynes Homelessness Partnership
Want to drive change? Want to help us end homelessness across Milton Keynes? Then read on!
There has never been a better time to join the Milton Keynes Homelessness Partnership (MKHP) as a Trustee Board Member. The charity is in an exciting period in its formative years and our new strategy needs dynamic trustees to turn our vision of preventing and ending homelessness in Milton Keynes into reality. MKHP is a network of organisations who connect to prevent and end homelessness in Milton Keynes.
MKHP is ambitious. We encourage and facilitate innovative ideas on how to end homelessness with a focus on prevention rather than cure.
Our philosophy starts with a person-centred approach to all services, from medical, wellbeing through to better and truly affordable homes. This is approach is nurtured from the Trustee Board throughout the whole of the MKHP staff team, extending to our Recognised Partner network. We encourage diversity of thought and practice and want our Trustee Board to represent Milton Keynes and all its unique facets.
Homelessness is many things. Its sofa surfing. It’s living in temporary or emergency housing. It’s living in your car. You don’t have to be on the streets to feel unprotected or unwelcome.
Our Trustee Board want to drive change. Currently, trustees have expertise in street homelessness, local authority protocols, services and provision, young people, education and employment. They are a group of experienced industry leaders, native to Milton Keynes who come together between four and six times per year. The Board meetings are professional and informative and probe some challenging and complex issues from the sector.
MKHP are currently looking for up to six trustees, to strengthen some key experience and knowledge within the Board of Trustees and to support succession planning when some current trustees step down at the end of 2021. We are keen to attract interest for the following roles:
- As a homelessness sector professional you will have demonstrable experience in homelessness issues at a strategic level beyond statutory definitions, from street sleepers to hidden homeless.
- As a housing and property professional you will have strategic knowledge and demonstrable expertise in the social/ private housing market or property investment, with an appetite for bridging the gap between the two.
- As a Finance Professional you will have a strong strategic finance background, formal accountancy qualification as well as a knowledge of financial legal requirements and good practice in either commercial or charity sectors.
- As a Business Development professional you will have demonstrable experience in income generation and/or business planning, including building income strategies and developing commercial offers.
- As someone who thinks outside of the box you will have one or more specialist skills in these areas: Public Health & Social Policy, Marketing and Communications, Membership Organisations, Public Affairs, Charity Law, Digital Development.
We are searching for passionate, committed individuals who understand the complexities of the environment and hard to reach communities, are great at what they do and want to influence change. We expect a real commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
Whether you have sat on a trustee board before or not, if this sounds like an interesting way to broaden your sector experience while making a real difference, please get in touch to find out more. We are particularly interested in hearing from professionals with lived experience of homelessness in whatever form that might take. We encourage applications from across the UK, as well as Milton Keynes itself.
Please refer to the Trustee Application Pack for more information.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter (no more than two A4 pages), outlining how you meet the person specification and your motivation for applying. Please make clear which specialist skill(s) you believe you will be able to contribute. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is noon on 25th October 2021.
Interviews will be held via zoom on Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th November 2021.
If you require support to fill out your application, have any specific access requirements or want to discuss the positions in more detail, please email email@example.com or phone 01908 382368. Informal conversations are also available with our Chief Executive.