- Government provide guidance for Shelters and announce new £10million Cold Weather Fund for Winter 2020
- APPLY NOW: MK COVID-19 Community Champion Scheme
- Wellbeing Support for Frontline Volunteers
- Volunteers - We want to hear your views!
- Spotlight On: Emmaus Village Carlton...... Interview with Angela Foll
Government Comprehensive Spending Review 2020 - Implications for Housing and Homelessness
The Chancellor this Autumn is planning a Comprehensive Spending Review. Whilst Government has made clear its current priorities, with the unpredictability and impact of COVID-19 now and into the future, those priorities may continue to change. Currently the first three priorities of the CSR are:
- strengthening the UK’s economic recovery from COVID-19 by prioritising jobs and skills
- levelling up economic opportunity across all nations and regions of the country by investing in infrastructure, innovation and people
- improving outcomes in public services
You can read more about all of the Governments Comprehensive Spending Review priorities here.
There are many commentators, articles and opinions on the impact of the Review. This includes a multitude of official ‘Representations’ submitted by leading organisations, outlining their vision for change, and the opportunities that exist with the CSR to make a real and lasting impact on homelessness across the UK.
MKHP have collated some of the available commentary and representations made to Government which we hope you will find of interest and use.
Whilst each submission and report has its own priorities, what is clear and is a view strongly held, in these and across Milton Keynes is that now is the time for real change. The action taken as the COVID-19 pandemic took hold, demonstrated that quick, real and substantive change can be achieved.
Lets gather that learning and ensure the lessons inform services and plans going forward. As we hear many times, this is a ‘once in a generation opportunity’ to work together to end homelessness across the UK and achieve real homes and lasting homes for our communities.
If your organisation has submitted a representation to Government about the Comprehensive Spending Review and would like us to feature it on our website, or you have views that you would like to share with us, then please get in contact with via firstname.lastname@example.org, stating ‘Comprehensive Spending Review 2020’ in the subject heading.